Airtel Payment Bank, Airtel Bank, Airtel Bank Apply Online. India’s first Payments Bank goes LIVE – Airtel Payment Bank starts pilot services in Rajasthan. Over 10,000 Airtel retail outlets in towns and villages across Rajasthan will function as banking points and offer convenient banking services to customers. Interest rate of 7.25% p.a. on savings account deposits. Will have a network of over 100,000 merchants (shops) across Rajasthan accepting digital payments from Airtel Payment Bank, offering customers the convenience of cashless purchase of goods/services using their bank accounts/ wallets. Will contribute to Government’s vision of financial inclusion and banking for all.
How To Open Airtel Payment Bank Account?
- A Customer can open an account by visiting a designated Airtel retail outlet in his/her neighbourhood.
- No documents are required. Only the customer’s Aadhaar number is needed for opening an account.
- The account will be opened through a paperless process within minutes through Aadhaar based e-KYC authentication.
Airtel Payment Bank Limited (“Airtel Bank”), a subsidiary of Bharti Airtel Limited (“Airtel”), today said that it has rolled out a pilot of its banking services in Rajasthan. The pilot is aimed at testing systems and processes ahead of a full scale pan Indian launch.
With this, Airtel Payment Bank becomes the first payments bank in the country to go LIVE. Customers in towns and villages across Rajasthan will now be able to open Airtel Payment bank accounts at Airtel retail outlets, which will also act as Airtel banking points and offer a range of basic, convenient banking services. Airtel Payment Bank will commence the pilot with banking points at 10,000 Airtel retail outlets.
A wide network of merchants (sellers/shops) across Rajasthan will accept digital payments from Airtel Payment Bank from day one, offering customers the convenience of cashless purchase of goods and services via their mobile phones in a quick and secure manner. Airtel Payment Bank plans to expand its merchant network in Rajasthan to 100,000 by the end of the year, giving a big boost to digital payments ecosystem.
Airtel Payment Bank is a fully digital and paperless bank. Airtel Banking points will offer bank account opening services and cash deposit & withdrawal facilities.
- Digital Banking: Quick and paperless account opening using Aadhaar based e-KYC. This requires no documents at all, only the customer’s Aadhaar number is needed
- Customer’s Airtel mobile number will be his/her bank account number
- Interest rate of 7.25 % p.a. on deposits in savings accounts
- Money transfer to any bank account in India (Free money transfer from Airtel to Airtel numbers within Airtel Payment Bank)
- Personal Accidental Insurance of Rs. 1 Lac with every Savings Account
- Easy deposit and withdrawal facility across a wide network of Airtel retail outlets
Airtel Payment Bank services can be accessed by Airtel customers on their mobile phones through the Airtel Money app, through USSD by dialing *400#; or via a simple IVR by dialing 400. Both the USSD & IVR options are available in Hindi and English language and work on simple feature phones as well. Non Airtel customers can access Airtel Payment Bank services by dialing 8800688006. Customers can also visit any designated Airtel retail outlet to access services (and not just the outlet where they have opened the account).
On April 11, 2016, Airtel Bank became the first entity in India to receive a payments bank license from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). It intends to bring banking services to the doorstep of every citizen of the country. It plans to leverage Bharti Airtel’s extensive national distribution network of over 1.5 million retail outlets, with deep penetration in rural areas.
Airtel Bank’s product portfolio includes payment banking services and semi-closed mobile wallet services (Airtel Money).
Currently Asked Question:-
Who can open an account with Airtel Bank? Does one need to be an Airtel customer?
Anyone (non-Airtel customers also) with an Aadhaar card can open a Savings Account with Airtel Bank
How do I open an account with Airtel Bank? What documents do I require?
A Customer can open an account by visiting a designated Airtel retail outlet in his/her neighbourhood. No documents are required. Only the customer’s Aadhaar number is needed for opening an account. The account will be opened through a paperless process within minutes through Aadhaar based e-KYC authentication.
Does Airtel Bank offer ATM/Debit Card facility?
Airtel Bank does not offer ATM/Debit Card facility, at present. Customers can deposit withdraw cash at any of the designated Airtel retail outlets, which will also function as Airtel banking points.
How does a customer check his/her account balance?
Airtel Bank is a paperless bank. Customers can check their account balance, access other services using Airtel Money app, USSD or IVR over their mobile phones
How can one transfer money from Airtel Bank to family and friends? Can I transfer money to any bank account in India?
Customers can access money transfer services using the the Airtel Money app or through USSD by dialing *400#. Money transfers from one Airtel number to another Airtel number within the bank will be free.
- Paytm Loot – Get 100% Cashback on Delhi/Punjab Merchandise products
- Reliance Jio Sim Tariff Plans, Internet Data, SMS, Calling Plans
- Jio Unlimited Internet For 3 Happy Hours At Night From 2AM – 5AM Daily
- JioMoney Surprise Coupons Get Upto ₹15,000 JioMoney Wallet Balance Free
- Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro Pre Order Start – How To Register [Full Guide]
- Meizu Pro 6 Price In India, Specifications, Features, Buy Online
- Asus Zenfone 3 Go Price In India, Specifications, Review, Buy online
- Meizu X Price In India, Specs, Key Features, Availability, Buy Online